The patent landscape in Europe is about to undergo one of the biggest changes in history with the start of the Unified Patent System in 2023.
The introduction of the Unitary Patent and Unified Patent Court, which aims to make uniform patent protection in up to 25 EU Member States possible, will affect all applicants and patentees seeking patent protection in Europe through the European Patent Office. It may also affect licensing and R&D agreements. How to best prepare?
The webinar will cover how to make strategic decisions for these changes:
- The new European Patent System
- I. Basic Structures
- II. Current Status
- III. Acting Instead of Reacting
- III.1. Filing Strategies & Comparison of Costs
- III.2. Transitional Regime and Opt-Out
- III.3. Co-ownership and Licensing Agreements
- IV. Countdown UPC: Ongoing litigation
If you are seeking to opt-out or have questions about the process, Anaqua can help here.
LL.M. Lawyer (Best Lawyers Germany 2023 - IP Law)
Client Growth Manager
Sr. Director, Software Enablement & IP Support Services